LET’S GET THE PARTY STARTED!
We’re bursting with excitement for this year’s Race for Daraja event on May 20, 2012! There will be more than 100 people running the race in Daraja shirts. That will definitely get people asking, “What’s Daraja?!”….
1) Now that you have been matched with a Daraja girl, it is time to create an online fundraising page! Each participant is required to find 10 sponsors in order to officially be part of the Race for Daraja team. We encourage you to use the photograph and biography of your Daraja partner as you advocate for her. Deadline to create page: April 16, 2012
How to create an online fundraising page:
Video instructions here! Step-by-step instructions:
1. Go to www.crowdrise.com/
2. To the right of the page is a “fundraise for this event” button. Click it.
3. Choose from “Join as an individual” or “Create a new team”.
4. On the “create your fundraiser” page, enter your fundraiser title, a paragraph about your fundraiser, and the amount of money you hope to raise if you have a target.
5. Click “next step”
6. Upload a photo!!! This makes it more fun for your donors!
7. Review the “review your charity’ page. Click “continue”.
8. Last step – sign up. Provide your first and last name, password, email address and your birth date (no year required!) Choose account type “I’m an individual that’s fundraising for this event”.
9. Congratulations!!!!! You have created your own page for Race for Daraja on Crowdrise.
10. Upload more photos to customize your page and use the “ask for donations” button to get started!
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We love hearing from our Daraja family members!